Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Pantry


So this is the pantry... You kind of have to use your imagination. There are 4 shelves 5 ft high and nearly 3 ft wide. You can't really see the top shelf, cleaning supply shelf, etc.

In all it is food for about a month and baking supplies for 3 months. We also have probably 6 months worth of cleaning supplies, soap, and dishwasher detergent as well. The cleaning supplies are on their own separate shelf.

When things are going well it seems excessive to use up this amount of space for food storage, but when things aren't going well it has been a real blessing and, at times, a life saver.

15 year old 'Schmidt' is the Keeper of the Pantry. Everyone carries food to the basement, but Schmidt puts it away in its correct spot. You probably can't see from the poor quality photo, but every shelf is labeled. And everything is lined up like in a store so you can instantly see how many of that item you have left. I can't function if it is all in a jumble on the shelves.

Okay, I'm feeling a little compulsive, but honestly I know that even if my family is not going to get a tremendous variety there is still going to be food. For a month. :-)

Now, you are probably noticing announcement emails. I've turned that on as a special favour to one of my followers, but I know that can be annoying so I apologize.

Tomorrow may be the dog on the treadmill or perhaps the adventures of Kim and the Window Plastic.... stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment