Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The first snow...

This was the scene in my living room this morning. 'Brown Bear' and the furry dog were all curled up in a ball together, on the floor. The purple blanket is Sunshine and the taupe blanket is Schmidt.

So.... Maybe it is time to get the plastic on the windows? In my extra perky, morning sort of way I said- "let's make TEAMS!" :-)

Yeah, it didn't go over as big as you would expect.

The plan is to get plastic on the windows and turn the furnace on for 15 minutes... if we have filters. What are the chances we have filters? I mean filters that FIT. But we don't. Of course we don't! We were at the hardware store yesterday and could have done that then.

Today, there is a snowstorm. Do I feel like risking my life by going out in the first snow of the year? Not so much. My Dad was a paramedic for 25+ years and he always said, "there is nothing in the world that is so important that you need to go out for it on the first snow fall of the year..."

Well... CRUD! Apparently I didn't buy a permanent filter last year...

It's a good day for soup. In the spirit of sharing and pantry use I will give you a link I found recently.

http://www.recipepuppy.com/ Recipe puppy finds recipes from a variety of sources using the ingredients that you need to use. This is highly useful when you are using things from your pantry and want to try something new.

Have a good day, my lovelies! Tomorrow I have pandemic training so who knows what I'll have to say about that.

1 comment: