Friday, October 23, 2009

Extreme (?) frugality...

This month I've been measuring food and being more thoughtful about what I eat. I am not restricting calories, but eating only the amount of food that I need and not more. So far I've lost about 14 lbs in 3 months.

The first two weeks was TOUGH! You know who wants to eat a half cup of pasta? Me! Four times in a row! Once I got used to the smaller portions it was a lot easier.

Now I'm eating a lot of whole grains and counting fibre. I need 25 grams of fibre/ day. I'm getting the hang of it. I'm adding ground flax to my morning oatmeal. Lunch is always soup so I've been making big pots of whole grain & vegetable soup and the family LOVES it! The last couple nights for supper I've made a whole grain/ gluten free option for Sunshine and I.

One night the men had perogies and I had whole grains with fried mushrooms and onions on top. Brown bear likes those spinach pizzas that come in a box 3/ $10 so I told him that he could make that himself and last night he did. Schmidt made a quick stir fry one night and we just mixed the millet in with the veggies instead of serving it on a bed of rice.

Cabbage is on sale at Co-op next week... :-)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Way to go on the diet. I have been back to limiting my quantities also and it is helping. I would like to throw out the scale & just go with inches lost though.

    ReplyDelete