Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Bead love

When I was little I would visit the farm where my mother grew up. It was a simple, wholesome (read: no TV...) place. I was fed milk still warm from the cow and played with sticks and chased chickens. Well, I chased chickens until I got caught by my Grandpa who would bring me to my Grandma.

My Grandma would usually try to engage me as 'helper,' but sometimes she would put me in a quiet room with the button box. My first love is cake, but my second love is beads. This unnatural bead love comes from sitting on my Grandma's bed with the button box.

So, when I found out that my new Team Coordinator, Curly Sue, makes beads... that's right... *MAKES* beads- I nearly swooned! This morning she said she has an Etsy store so I took the bus to get home faster and look at them. She said, "it is only six beads."

If I made ONE bead I would carry it with me, in my pocket, and show everyone that I ever met. For the REST of my LIFE! Because I love you all I will share... :-)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, those are terrific! Do you know how she does them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a bead addict but I am a button addict. When my mother died I went out to the antique sewing machine and got the button drawer. After perusing them for about an hour with my own daughter I dumped them in my shaker box and packed them away so neither of my sisters would think to get the buttons. They never would have but that drawer of buttons was so special to me....
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  3. She told me exactly what she did and it all sounds very complicated. You start with coloured rods of glass and you melt them with a super heated torch and bake them in a special kiln.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! I also love beads! I think it must be genetic.

    ReplyDelete