Thursday, January 21, 2010

Well I've had a busy week!

First I was working, then my bulk order came in, then the annual suite inspection notice came THEN yesterday I feel on the ice as I was walking home. Tonight is my last night then I have the weekend off and I'm going to lie quietly and recover from it all.

The good news is that I've got a large stock of food (AND 50 lbs of popcorn for snacks...), I passed the inspection yesterday AND the house is still mostly clean.

The kids were a big help and I've told them that I think it should be pretty easy to keep it up if they all help to maintain it.

There is so much food in the house we can't decide what to cook so half the time we end up eat fruit and nuts and or seeds. :-) I'm going to start trying some new things with stone ground cornmeal, though, so maybe I'll have something to report on that soon.

1 comment:

  1. There's a lovely looking recipe for baked polenta on the Food Network Canada website - can't post the link in your comments but go to www.foodnetwork.ca and search for baked polenta. You can sub in coarsely ground cornmeal for polenta as they are about the same thing. I plan on making this as soon as I can get the cheese. Yum! I really enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete