Sunday, January 10, 2010

The great thing about decluttering...

is that you find things! I found a couple inspirational CDs that I don't think I've listened two more than once. The other thing I found was an envelope full of receipts. Is THIS the $500 in receipts that I think I submitted in the the fall? =8-o Whoops!

You wouldn't think a person could lose $500... but there it is. I did.

Decluttering helps you get down to the things that you really need and want. You don't have to re-buy things you've lost.

I like the show Hoarders. Apparently hoarding is increasing because people are unwilling to let go of things if they don't have money to buy more. Of course hoarding is a mental illness and a much further extreme than most of us would ever go to, BUT... it all starts somewhere.

The state of a person's home reflects what is going on in their lives and in their minds. When times are tough it is not the time to start keeping things - it is time to start sharing.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh. I really like that. "When times are tough it is not the time to start keeping things - it is time to start sharing." Good, Kim!

    ReplyDelete