Sunday, December 13, 2009

-42 C this morning, Blog Fans

The weather channel doesn't tell me how cold the wind chill is - only that there is an extreme wind chill warning. So that is nice! :-/

Luckily I put the vegetables in the crock pot last night to make stock for soup at lunch. :-) I wanted to get up early and get bread going for lunch, too, but I haven't been out from under a blanket so I don't think it is going to happen. A hearty soup should be enough.

Now- my grocery shopping quandry! I told you all that I was going to spend $500 this month on groceries and I'm on track with that- BUT if I spend $220 this week I get 8000 points. I haven't entirely reconciled to giving up the points. I think I'll just go and get what I need for the rest of the month and not worry about it, though.

I bought one of those step exercise things at the thrift store the other day ($10.00) and the kids and I have all tried it. It is much harder than you would think it would be! Even with out the treadmill we are still losing weight. I am 139.6 lbs (down from 163 lbs) this week and Luc is 294 lbs (down from 310 lbs) He fed himself for a couple weeks and his weightloss slowed down a bit, but that is all over now and he is back to losing 3 lbs/ week. He's only been losing for a couple months, though, so he is doing pretty well.

Last night on the food channel they were talking about roasts for Christmas day. I swivelled my attention that way because we are having roast for Christmas day! Then he said pork and beef. PORK and BEEF? Yuck! What about Venison and bison? We are going to have a lovely and tasty bison roast. Bison is a free range, organic, local meat. Why would I eat anything else?

Oh, and that brings me to veganism. Luc and I are eating mostly vegan meals, but sometimes we have an egg or a little cheese on something. We just keep animal products under 5% of the calories for the day. We aren't starving and we don't miss it. In fact most of the time we don't WANT it. We are getting protein from seeds, nuts and quinoa. So that brings me back to Christmas roast. We are having roast beast for Christmas, but I will have a tiny slice (or maybe none depending how I feel on the day) and Luc will have a small slice. The kids aren't limited, but are encouraged to make healthy choices with regards to portions.

No comments:

Post a Comment