Tuesday, December 22, 2009

3 more sleeps until Christmas... :-)

It snowed all day yesterday and all night, too, so snow blowers and ploughs have been out all morning trying to clear it.

Today I want to get my room tidied up a little so I don't have to spend my three days off cleaning.

The big news at our house... well, okay it's the only news... is that I put $250 on the Visa and we are now one tenth of the way towards our first party.

December is always a good time for me to pick up hours so I should have a few extra dollars next month to put against the debt - so watch for that!

I accomplished my debt goals last year and I want to do the same this year. I find that I can get a lot of momentum when I start this time of year. Sometimes there is an extra cheque in December, Christmas money, extra hours, too cold to go out to the store - whatever! It usually just works out that there is a little extra then it is income tax return time.

Now - about income tax! I have my with-holding set as low as it can go, but last year I got a refund and I'm sure I will this year, too. We are also far enough north that we get half of the Northern Living Allowance. The Northern Living Allowance is a bribe from the provincial government to live and work in the north.

It doesn't work out to very much and it is a drop in the bucket when you put it against increased living expenses, BUT it does help to make the return a little higher. Those lump sums *really* make a difference when you are trying to pay down debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment