Saturday, February 20, 2010

I'm sick. Siiiiiick... and WHINY....

Last night I got brave and tried chevre cheese. I still feel fine! :-) I found out a week ago that the feta I was buying was NOT made from goat's milk. In fact it has a tiny COW on it! What the HECK?!

That cheese was sharp and delicious! The raw food people can say whatever they want, but when *I* don't feel well I want comfort food. And you know what - a guacamole mixed with raw chocolate is NOT chocolate pudding! It's not! =8-0

I have some raw cookies in the fridge so I'll probably start with them instead of going crazy and making nachos or something... :-)

Of course you want the link so you can make your own raw cookies, today! You probably made peanut butter balls for your kids when they were small, right? These cookies are like that. They are very filling and nutritious. They aren't highly portable for packed lunches, etc. but we do like them for snacks. Just keep in mind that it is a very high calorie snack and to be approached cautiously... :-)

I don't dehydrate mine. I just make the dough stiff and refrigerate to facilitate making balls. I use a half cup measuring cup then roll them in whatever so they aren't sticky. I used ground nuts for the kids and homemade stone ground corn meal for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment