Thursday, November 26, 2009

The buy nothing Christmas

or as I like to call it- the stress free Christmas. So far - it's great! I walk past the Christmas ornaments and feel free to ignore them. Since I am not having Christmas I can also ignore commercials, sales and general appeals for gifts and cash.

It's nice and I like it! So far this is the best Christmas season that I've ever had. And let me tell you- it isn't all about money! It is about STRESS and not living up to other people's Christmas expectations. My mother and my daughter are cut from the same cloth and it's not regular cloth- it's holiday cloth. If there isn't a turkey (gag!) then it isn't Christmas.

People generally think I'm a scrooge. I'm really not a scrooge. I just resist the notion that a 'perfect' Christmas involves shiny gifts under a decorated tree before you eat turkey. I especially resist the turkey! =8-|

1 comment:

  1. Mom says "It doesn't mean you can't receive gifts. Dad is all upset and we're going to do what we want, damnit!" LOL. So don't be mad at us if gifts show up in the mail...

    ReplyDelete