Friday, November 6, 2009

The Olympic Flame!
























We were THIS close to the flame this morning! I have always been a big fan of the Olympics and it was a personal thrill to not only see the flame, but to be SO close to it.

I knew there would be heightened security, but I have honestly NEVER seen so many police in one place in my life. Not ever.

There was a moment where I got fan girly and did a high pitched squeal, but Sunshine held me down and admonished me NOT to run into the road to touch it...


You will all be happy to hear, I'm sure, that I did manage to contain myself. Mostly. :-)

2 comments:

  1. That's cool! The flame was carried about two miles from our house one year and it was exciting. I barely glimpsed the flame for all the vans and security around it though. Well, maybe that was exaggeration, but he definitely wasn't running alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That may be the cutest thing I've heard all day.

    ReplyDelete