Sunday, November 8, 2009

Food Thoughts

Surely it is the responsibility of each generation to take the knowledge of the last generation and build on it. We all want our children to be one step better, smarter and healthier than we were were, right?

I've always been interested in where my food comes from, but it is TOUGH to make healthy choices and still be socially responsible, though, isn't it? :-)

The other day Sunshine Girl mentioned something about rice chocolate... Sunshine is a purist. She says she will eat any gluten free chocolate, but the Organic, Vegan, Kosher, Gluten-free, Equality Trade, Rice milk dark truffle bar must give her a small feeling of piety when she eats it!

It also has no artificial colour, preservatives, hormones, antibiotics or GMOs. If *I* ever ate anything that virtuous I'd certainly tell you all. Every day I'd tell you how wonderful I am! It never occurred to me that Fair Trade might not be FAIR ENOUGH... it's got fair in the name.

And that is why we have the next generation to show us something new, right? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment