Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Okay - seriously! You must all feel SO rejected!

Now, for those who don't know I've started another job and am the team leader in the group home where I work. It's a lot to remember and keep on top of. That is where my brain has been!

The rest of me has been here doing school with the boys and trying to get a little food made ahead. The good news is that my vacation (Stay-cation...) starts in .... about ...75 hours... more or less... Not that I'm counting.... =8-P

I think I'm going to have a Lord of the Rings marathon. The kids are also putting on a play for me. I still have to make the costumes for that so no play until the costumes are done.

Today I made delicious imitation deli chicken. I assume it is delicious - it is for Thursday when I don't get home until 4 pm. The method: Take two chickens and pat them very dry. Then rub olive oil all over them and give them a wonderful massage. Then play with a couple lemons until they get very smooshy, cut them in half and squeeze the juice over the tops of the chickens. Stuff the squeezed bits into the cavity along with peeled garlic cloves. I did one bulb for two chickens. Then salt and pepper on top and bake! I did 350 degrees and 20-30 minutes/ lb.

I did about the first 45 minutes uncovered so the skin could get crispy and added a little water when it looked like they might burn to the pan. It's really pretty foolproof, though.

I scraped a little of the crispy stuff off the bottom and it was delicious! You can also add fresh rosemary- if you like it and you can get it.

So I've got one chicken for Thursday and one chicken for the freezer. Very handy. I did have to fight off a very large, hungry boy when he smelled it come out of the oven, though, so be warned.
This chicken may have to be defended against a hungry hoard.

1 comment: