Thursday, November 25, 2010

Okay, moms... this post is for you...

If your sweet teenager has EVER rolled their eyes at you before plinking the off button on their technology because you couldn't find it... :-) you will enjoy what I'm going to share with you.

Sunshine girl bought a unit from Sears that plays records, tapes, radio and CDs. Dh and I were downstairs watching a movie and when it was over we came up to a quiet main floor. I found the three kids in Sunshine's room all gathered around the new piece of furniture.

Brown Bear was rocking nervously and hugging the Styrofoam that it was packed in. Schmidt had the record cover and Sunshine was reading the instructions.... "33... IS it 33? It is. (Sigh of relief) 33... Then the arm... you LIFT the arm and place it on the record... oh... OH! It MOVES when you lift the arm..." And from Brown bear, "What is that SOUND? That ch-ch ch-ch"

By this time I was hysterical!

You should have seen them when I wiped off the record with a damp, lint-less cloth! They were gathered in a semi-circle around me with these slightly amazed looks on their faces.

Mothers of little kids might still get that look. Mothers of teens will remember the look. It is the look that says - WOW! You know *EVERYTHING*

At this point, I'll take a night like tonight where I see that look in their eyes, "Wow, mom. You know *something.*"

No comments:

Post a Comment